Thursday, April 8, 2010

Stuck in Time or Present in the Now

It took a while for me to figure out the message of the clock stopping for the third time in 9 months. Usually a clock like this one will run on its' little double AA battery for a year or two. Not this one. Not since I moved from Mount Shasta to Kanab. Last night it stopped for the third time since I've moved.

It was sometime after 10 PM when I noticed it had stopped. I was going to replace the battery yet again, but for some reason I decided to wait until today. Well, after stopping completely, it started ticking again sometime after midnight. It ticked, but other than the second hand bopping back and forth one second between 11 and 12 or so seconds, the hands didn't move at all. It ticked all night. It was the same time this morning as it was last night when it stopped. As of this writing, it has finally stopped ticking and I will replace the battery.

However, in the meantime, I got to thinking there was a message about it stopping and ticking, but not advancing in time. As I thought about it, the message that came was, "stuck in time or present in the now." It seems to be a graphic reminder to make a choice. I can be stuck in the third dimensional paradigm or I or we can choose to be present and functional in this NOW.

Are you stuck in time or present in the now?

No comments: